After you enter the item number and click the "Log in to eSnipe" button, eSnipe displays the SnipeIt! Mobile bid entry page. You use this page to tell SnipeIt! Mobile how much you want to bid, and when. The essential part of SnipeIt! Mobile looks something like this:
To place a bid, you must:
- Enter your maximum bid. You can only enter numerals and a decimal point (period) in this field. (You can read a tutorial discussion about proxy bidding and how to choose your maximum bid here.)
- Enter the quantity you want to bid on. (This option appears only for a Dutch auction. For an ordinary auction the quantity is 1, and cannot be changed.)
- Enter the buffer value, that is, how many seconds before the close of the auction when you want eSnipe to submit your bid. (Until you get some experience with sniping, we recommend using the default value. Another tutorial discusses how to choose a buffer value.)
- Choose the eBay account with which you want eSnipe to bid.
- Choose the Folder (if any) in which to place your bid on eSnipe. (See the Folder tutorial here.)
- Choose the Bid Group (if any) in which to place your bid on eSnipe. (See the Bid Group tutorial here.)
- Click the "Place eBay Bid with eSnipe!" button. SnipeIt! Mobile will schedule your bid.
To place a bid on another eBay item:
Once you are logged in to SnipeIt! Mobile, you will not have to enter your eSnipe login information again. When you obtain your next eBay item number, go to http://eSnipe.com/m and enter the item number and click the "SnipeIt!" button. Your SnipeIt! Mobile login will stay active for up to 10 hours.